More Reviews
REVIEWS Madden NFL 15 Review
How many times has it been said, “This is the best Madden game”? Probably just about every year. Well guess what, this is the best Madden game… maybe.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfa Review
[PlayStation release update] Electronic Arts and the development team at EA Canada hope to catch as many PlayStation gamers as they did when Garden Warfare first launched exclusively on Xbox One.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: Out Now

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: Out Now

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14


LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Nom Nom Galaxy

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What is the first console you started your gaming out with?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Classic Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StalfrosCC
Massive Forum-Using Douchebag


Joined: 20 Mar 2003
Posts: 14499

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
StalfrosCC wrote:
shandog137 wrote:
Stal, you get two nastalgia points which can be redeemed for half a first class stamp at your nearest post office.


You are my favorite poster right now.


Sad


You should never have changed your sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Navy_Seal
Jail Bait


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 355

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are my favorite poster right now. Said Used44
Who is your favorite poster?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shandog137
Screaming Sloth


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="shandog137"]
StalfrosCC wrote:
used44 wrote:
StalfrosCC wrote:
shandog137 wrote:
Stal, you get two nastalgia points which can be redeemed for half a first class stamp at your nearest post office.


You are my favorite poster right now.


Sad


You should never have changed your sig.


Damn...I guess I gotta fix my sig today or I may end up like you Used...Wait you guy know I'm a guy right? Please don't let me come between a happy mod relationship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tylzen
The Knight of Denmark


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2033

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was NES; back in the days where you did not need to think about internal injuries due to bad controller design.



I loved the Mario games on it, and that crazy Motorcross game where you could build your own levels.
_________________
Visit my blog.
http://www.tylzen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grey
"Lawk On!"


Joined: 01 Jan 2003
Posts: 13839

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour had an Atari 2600. Come to think of it I haven't at all paused to think why a fifteen year old was cool with having a four year old and my seven year old sister hang around at his place until this topic surfaced. Pedo perhaps? I'd rather not think of him that way since he was a cool neighbour. The first console I owned was a Sega Megadrive (or Genesis as its known in America).

Shandog, you couldn't be more right about the Sega CD (Mega CD here, why was everything "Mega" with Sega in Britain?) I remember getting one for Christmas and being excited for all the great games that would come out for it later in the following year. Biggest flop by Sega ever, I think I bought three games for it, including the Sega 5 in 1 mega pack that came with it. Which did actually get a lot of play since it had Streets of Rage, Shinobi and F1 '90 on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jivesc00ter



Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tylzen wrote:
Mine was NES; back in the days where you did not need to think about internal injuries due to bad controller design.



I loved the Mario games on it, and that crazy Motorcross game where you could build your own levels.

that game was excite bike btw, it was and still si an amazing and fun game

Grey wrote:
Shandog, you couldn't be more right about the Sega CD (Mega CD here, why was everything "Mega" with Sega in Britain?) I remember getting one for Christmas and being excited for all the great games that would come out for it later in the following year. Biggest flop by Sega ever, I think I bought three games for it, including the Sega 5 in 1 mega pack that came with it. Which did actually get a lot of play since it had Streets of Rage, Shinobi and F1 '90 on it..

you never got sonic cd? could be the best sonic game ever made, its a toss up for me between it and sonic 3, i will admit it was a falier on a whole, but when they ported regular genesis games to it they looked and sounded amazing it just lacked orginal games, they jsut rehashed old games over and over again. You know htat sounds kinda familiur....(Nintendo?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
maca2kx
The Hammer of Ban


Joined: 24 Jul 2002
Posts: 10786

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commodore 64, skipped the NES (though I did play it at a cousin's house), then went to SNES and since then I've either owned or played a fair amount N64, Mega Drive, Master System, GameBoy, GameGear, GameBoy Color, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Sam
_________________
Stuff to read
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grey
"Lawk On!"


Joined: 01 Jan 2003
Posts: 13839

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jivesc00ter wrote:

you never got sonic cd? could be the best sonic game ever made, its a toss up for me between it and sonic 3, i will admit it was a falier on a whole, but when they ported regular genesis games to it they looked and sounded amazing it just lacked orginal games, they jsut rehashed old games over and over again. You know htat sounds kinda familiur....(Nintendo?)


I did, with the original (much better) OST. I had the 5 in 1 pack, which had Streets of Rage, Shinobi's Revenge, F1 90', Columns and Golden Axe III on it. A double pack game, which had Thunderhawk and Starblade on it (AWESOME pack), Snatcher (MGS fans need to find this) and Sonic CD. Actually that's four games I bought for it, well 9.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lentium
That Weird Guy


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 1767

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recenty threw away my atari 2600, i had no games for it, nor any of the hookups...and i've spilled many a drinks on it.

farewell my love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20771

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you gave it a prroper burial.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StalfrosCC
Massive Forum-Using Douchebag


Joined: 20 Mar 2003
Posts: 14499

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey wrote:
My neighbour had an Atari 2600. Come to think of it I haven't at all paused to think why a fifteen year old was cool with having a four year old and my seven year old sister hang around at his place until this topic surfaced. Pedo perhaps?


Dude, same story. When I was 6 and my brother was 4 we used to go to the neighbors house and hang out with their 15 year old because he had every Atari game. When the NES came out our family was over at their house and my dad started playing Super Mario Bros and the next day we went to Toys-R-Us (that place isn't what it used to be) and got an NES.

Oh to be young again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
masterchris



Joined: 30 Aug 2001
Posts: 6610

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intellivision.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adriana



Joined: 28 Mar 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing when my brother bought a NES and i always play with him, then i started to learn how to play solo and that's it, I got addicted to games eversince that day.
=/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Navy_Seal
Jail Bait


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 355

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LADIESCREVICE wrote:
which makes you what? 12?

I'd imagine the name LADIESCREVICE also puts you around the same bracket -Am

Actually no now how about the topic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tylzen
The Knight of Denmark


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2033

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maca2kx wrote:
Commodore 64, skipped the NES (though I did play it at a cousin's house), then went to SNES and since then I've either owned or played a fair amount N64, Mega Drive, Master System, GameBoy, GameGear, GameBoy Color, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Sam


You had/have all those system in your house?
I demand a picture of that if you got them all Very Happy.

I must admit, I have never been a console gamer, I have tend to stick to my PC.
Just recently I purchased the PS3.
I had a Xbox 2 years ago.
And a N64.
...

Damn I have had consoles Razz
Ignore that statement.

---

Well I came to remember that I actually played on something around the time I had a NES, not sure if it's older or just another technology. But it ran on something that looked like Audio tape. It wasn't mine, but a kid on the street where my grandmother lived had it.
My cousin also have had a machine called "Jaguar" if I recall.

EDIT
Found it
_________________
Visit my blog.
http://www.tylzen.com


Last edited by Tylzen on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
freakystyley



Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 61

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genesis...or Megadrive where I'm from.
_________________
Gaming since 1989
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jivesc00ter



Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tylzen wrote:
maca2kx wrote:
Commodore 64, skipped the NES (though I did play it at a cousin's house), then went to SNES and since then I've either owned or played a fair amount N64, Mega Drive, Master System, GameBoy, GameGear, GameBoy Color, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Sam


You had/have all those system in your house?
I demand a picture of that if you got them all Very Happy.

I must admit, I have never been a console gamer, I have tend to stick to my PC.
Just recently I purchased the PS3.
I had a Xbox 2 years ago.
And a N64.
...

Damn I have had consoles Razz
Ignore that statement.

---

Well I came to remember that I actually played on something around the time I had a NES, not sure if it's older or just another technology. But it ran on something that looked like Audio tape. It wasn't mine, but a kid on the street where my grandmother lived had it.
My cousin also have had a machine called "Jaguar" if I recall.

EDIT
Found it

ha you think that is bad, check ot my systems in my profiel, and hter all hooked up, everylast one of them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DenHond



Joined: 04 Nov 2007
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SEGA MASTERSYSTEM II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sounds
Young Master/Live Chat AOp


Joined: 27 Dec 2000
Posts: 5418

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nintendo Entertainment System!!!!!!!!!

Super Mario Bros was my first game to play on it
_________________
Quote:
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager!”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Navy_Seal
Jail Bait


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 355

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds wrote:
Nintendo Entertainment System!!!!!!!!!

Super Mario Bros was my first game to play on it

Me too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Classic Gaming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum