- Nintendo Switch
- Xbox One
A Fortnite Thanos nerf has been rolled out to make the mad titan a little less powerful in the new Infinity Gauntlet limited time mode, which was introduced with the new Fortnite 4.1 update. Epic Games is hoping the changes will "give more players the chance to wield the Infinity Gauntlet." Of course, nerfing a deliberately overpowered character needs to be carried out with care. Here's what's changed with the Fortnite Thanos hotfix:
Fortnite Thanos Nerf Details
The Fortnite Thanos hotfix has nerfed the mad titan's maximum shield down from 300 to 200, and his laser damage against players has been reduced from 15 to 12. Thanos' shield is key to staying alive for long periods, as once the shield is broken, players can deal permanent damage to the health bar. Thankfully, for those hoping to win a round as Thanos, that health bar has been buffed from 700 to 800. So, it's not all bad news!
The Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet limited time mode had been out for just four hours when Epic Games tweeted that Thanos would be getting tweaked. Two hours after that the hotfix was implemented.
If you did manage to play as Infinity War's antagonist before the Fortnite Thanos nerf dropped, you'll know that he's one scary dude, capable of shooting lasers, punching with extreme might, and jumping to extraordinary heights. Despite the Thanos changes, he's still an interesting character to play as, and on the bright side, at least he's now a little easier to take out, meaning more players get to enjoy the Infinity Gauntlet limited time mode's main attraction.
Sure, he's been nerfed, but Thanos still boasts these unique features:
- Ability 1 - A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 - Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 - Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 - A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn't take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.