Hearthstone is continually churning out new content for its players and the patch notes for the 11.2 update show more even more goodies are here. The Hearthstone 11.2 update brings the Taverns of Time event to the game. This introduces a host of new cards and rewards that you'll be able to collect soon.
Hearthstone 11.2 Update Patch Notes: What's New?
Toki, Time-Tinker is, well, tinkering with time again. Update 11.2 sets the stage for the Taverns of Time event which brings 28 special cards to the Arena. When the Taverns of Time event starts on June 11, you'll get your first Arena run free, and there'll be daily quests that will net you arcane dust and gold.
In tandem with the new Hearthstone patch, you'll find a new pack bundle in the shop. For the low price of $7.99, you can score two packs each from the Classic, Kobolds & Catacombs, Witchwood, Knights of the Frozen Throne, and Journey to Un'Goro sets. That's ten packs for only $8! Packs run about $1.50 a pack (unless you buy in bulk), so that's a savings of around $7. The bundle can be yours starting today and will be available until June 19.
On June 13, Blizzard will be holding a free pack day. If you log in during that day, you'll get a free Golden pack with five golden cards inside. All-in-all, that makes for a pretty fun-filled event.
That's not all though, the new update also brings a host of minor revisions to game mechanics, some new emotes, and bug fixes. There's also been some tweaking to Arena draft that should allow for a better choice for players. For the complete list of changes, see the full patch notes below.
Hearthstone Patch Notes: Full Patch Note for Update 11.2
Here's the full patch notes as found on the official Hearthstone blog.
Game Mechanics Updates
- Continued updates to game event timing to make card interactions more intuitive. Read our previous Game Mechanics Updates blog for more insight!
- Counterspell beats whenever and after triggers.
- Summon and Play triggers are now evaluated using their in-hand stats before they are affected by board modifiers and their Battlecry.
- Ex. Playing Faceless Manipulator targeting a 5-attack minion will no longer advance Jungle Giants. It will be considered a 3/3.
- Minions that enter the battlefield without being played from hand will have any (Whenever or After) summon triggers evaluated before board modifiers are applied.
- Ex. If Azure Drake is pulled onto the battlefield adjacent to Dire Wolf Alpha, it will no longer advance Jungle Giants.
- Choose One minions that Transform now consider their transformation effects before entering play.
- Added several new pick “buckets” for non-Legendary cards and two for Legendary cards.
- The new buckets are halfway in power between the existing buckets, and they’re intended to create more varied choices when drafting an Arena deck.
- The very strongest and very weakest cards do not appear in these new buckets, so those cards will appear as picks about half as frequently as they did previously.
Evil Twin Greetings
- When players with the same hero (except Death Knights) greet each other, new emotes will play!
Added the following card backs:
- Back in Blue – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, June 2018.
- Lightforged – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, July 2018.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Improvements
- Logging in after a new season begins will now correctly display only the latest season results.
- Kingsbane that has been transformed into a different legendary by Prince Liam will no longer retain buffs.
- As Kingsbane is not destroyed when its Deathrattle triggers, Rummaging Kobold will no longer retrieve it.
- Spellbender will no longer trigger Rat Trap or Hidden Wisdom when it triggers.
- Rat Trap no longer triggers when your board is full.
- Voodoo Doll and other Deathrattles now correctly trigger during a Defile.
- Shadow Reflection now appears correctly when transformed into a spell.
- A Zombeast crafted out of Vicious Scalehide, and Exploding Bloatbat will no longer trigger its Deathrattle animation when it’s played.
- Tess Greymane will now replay hero cards with her Battlecry.
- Tess Greymane’s Battlecry is now limited to 30 cards, and will stop if she is silenced, killed, transformed, leaves the battlefield, or if any hero dies.
- Lynessa Sunsorrow’s Battlecry is now limited to 30 cards and casts the buffs in a random order.
- Lynessa Sunsorrow’s Battlecry will now include the effects of Choose One cards.
- Leyline Manipulator now correctly reduces the cost of cards created by Golden Kobold.
- Effigy triggered by killing Molten Giant now properly summons a new Molten Giant.
- Night Prowler now has yellow glow in hand when no minions are in the battlefield.
- King Togwaggle will now swap decks without burning cards if both decks were over 30 cards.
- Transform effects such as Thrall, Deathseer will no longer activate summon triggers like Starving Buzzard and Blubber Baron.
- Shaw's Shank now correctly counts minions that have taken damage equal to their unbuffed Health.
- Alternate Timeline no longer resets Infinite Toki’s Health to full when played by a player.
- Frostmourne will now correctly summon minions that it destroyed before using Toki’s Temporal Loop Hero Power when its Deathrattle triggers.
- Pillage the Fallen treasure now triggers when Sword of Justice expends its last durability.