TitanfallMore guides, cheats and FAQS
We got our invites for the Titanfall closed beta today and discovered new details about each of the game modes available to beta testers on Xbox One and PC. Here's what we know so far. We'll update this post with tips for each game mode soon:
Titanfall Beta testers on Xbox One and PC can choose between:
- Attrition - Teams win by eliminating anyone or anything on the opposing side, pilots, Titans, and AI soldiers.
- Attrition Tips - This is a straight up deathmatch mode. Two teams, two sets of six players and up to six Titans going at it in an arena also littered with AI bots. You can run around the map mowing down the other team's AI soldiers for plenty of attrition, but your team won't win if you're not also destroying Titans and the pilots that call them down. Stick together as pilots on the ground in order to ensure you're not killed by a stray AI bot. If you're in a Titan, try to organize with your fellow pilots to lock down the area around the perimeter of the map down. Titans take up a lot more space so even working together you need to spread out and make sure you're destructive forces aren't overlapping or clogging up routes such that explosive ordinance from the enemy team can take out your group of metal men.
- Hardpoint Domination - Teams will capture and hold three hardpoints through the map to earn points and secure victory.
- Hardpoint Domination Tips - This is your typical Domination-style match where three points on the map have been designated as critically important to whatever mission all these Titans are blowing each other up over. If you've played a Domination gametype before, you probably know some tips already. Hang around a specific point to defend it, don't stand right next to the point because someone else will just sneak up and kill you. If you're in a Titan, I'd suggest patrolling back and forth between the points your team currently holds. You're bound to stumble upon either an enemy Titan or a group of Pilots and AI hoping to take your team's points.
- Last Titan Standing - Everyone on both teams starts with a titan in a round-based mode that ends when one team has lost all of their titans. There's no respawning and no replacement titans can be called down.
- Last Titan Standing Tips - This gametype is all about smart use of Titan dash. Dashing is a very limited resource, one you might be tempted to use getting from one point of the map to another. That's the worst possible use of dash meter given that it's really the only thing allowing you to avoid or retreat from enemy Titans. Use smart spacing to make sure you allow the Titan's shield to recharge. Your Titan's health meter will disappear if you're caught in the crossfire of the enemy team, so use cover smartly with dash. It's literally you're only hope of survival in Last Titan Standing since everyone is equipped with heavy damage rockets and machine guns. Further, between the Vortex Shield and rocket ordinance on every Titan, dealing out constant explosive damage with the metal hulks will not be difficult.
For more on Titanfall please read: