TransistorMore guides, cheats and FAQS
- Transistor has been described as an action/turn-based RPG hybrid, but the game clearly emphasizes the latter. Always use the Turn() function to plan your attacks, and only resort to real-time combat if you have one weak enemy left or something like that.
- Experiment with functions. You may have your favorites, but there are all kinds of combinations to try out that work better in different situations. It also makes for a more compelling gameplay experience – as they say, variety is the spice of life.
- Try to unlock all of the function files to gain a better understanding of the story. The narrative in Transistor is purposely obtuse and may alienate some players, but adding in pieces of the backstory helps alleviate some of the confusion.
- Always have at least one or two Limiters equipped. The game feels a bit too easy with none equipped, and the extra experience that comes with Limiters is certainly a tempting incentive.
- Consider using Jaunt() as an upgrade ability. It allows you to use a function while you recover the all-important Turn() function, which can save you in key situations.
- Spark() is a great function for damaging a group of enemies.
- Hiding from enemies and turning them against each other aren't the two most glamorous attacks, but Mask() and Switch() are very useful functions.
|Drive()||Reach the Goldwalk District.|
|Sandbox()||Clear one of each test.|
|Speed()||Complete each speed test.|
|Stability()||Complete each stability test.|
|Planning()||Complete each planning test.|
|Performance()||Complete each performance test.|
|Agency()||Complete each agency test.|
|Anything()||Deal at least 1024 damage in one Turn() in the Practice Test.|
|Everything()||Deal at least 2048 damage in one Turn() in the Practice Test.|
|Contest()||Clear every test.|
|Bye()||Complete the story.|
|Goodbye()||Recurse through the story.|
|Bet()||Complete five encounters with one more more limiters in use.|
|Dare()||Complete five encounters with five or more limiters in use.|
|Risk()||Complete five encounters with all 10 limiters in use.|
|Search()||Inspect five completed function files.|
|Find()||Inspect 10 completed function files.|
|Reveal()||Inspect all completed function files.|
|Process()||Inspect all completed limiter files.|
|News()||Use 10 different OVC terminals.|
|Function()||Unlock every Transistor function.|
|Limiter()||Unlock every Process Limiter.|
|User()||Unlock every upgrade slot and passive slot.|
|Stack()||Create a function combination requiring 12 MEM.|
|Memory()||Unlock 32 MEM.|
|Align()||Achieve User Level 8.|
|Focus()||Achieve User Level 16.|
|One()||Achieve User Level 24.|
|Reisz()||Confront Sybil at the Empty Set.|
|Spine()||Confront the Spine at the Bracket Towers facade.|
|Kendrell()||Confront Grant and Asher at Bracket Towers.|
|Bracket()||Confront Royce beyond Cloudbank.|
|Self()||Upgrade a function with a copy of itself.|