Final Fantasy XIV fans can be happy to know that the FFXIV Update 4.31 Patch Notes are finally here. This latest update brings with it some more of the promised content we knew would be coming during the 4.3 phase of the game. Most importantly, the update brings with it Ultimate Ultima and some fixes for some major issues.
FFXIV Update 4.31 Patch Notes Explained: Battle System
The high-end duty The Weapon's Refrain (Ultimate) has been added.
Just as warriors temper their spirits in battle, so too does the wandering minstrel hone his craft through colorful retellings of heroic deeds. His rendition of your triumph over the Ultima Weapon takes the threads of history and weaves them into an epic tapestry. However, his ballad contains so many embellishments and fabrications that it bears little resemblance to your own tale, and you wonder if he was even listening to you. Nevertheless, you find yourself utterly captivated─whisked away to a battlefield that exists only in your mind's eye...
Requirements for Ultimate Ultima are that you must have completed Sigmascape V4.0 Savage, which is an item level 350 or higher raid fight. Upon completing that raid, speak with the Wandering Minstrel in Kugane to unlock Ultima Ultimate.
FFXIV Update 4.31 Patch Notes Explained: New Items
- New items have been added to the game for The Weapon's Refrain Ultimate and more
FFXIV Update 4.31 Patch Notes Explained: System
- New achievements and titles have been added
- New phrases have been added to the auto-translation dictionary
- New music has been added
FFXIV Update 4.31 Patch Notes Explained: Resolved Issues
- The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue in the sidequest "A Striking Opportunity" wherein the Stone, Sky, Sea title was not displayed correctly during a cutscene.
- An issue in the quest "Annihilation" wherein some NPC dialogue was incorrect.
- An issue in Namazu beast tribe main quests wherein the completion status of certain Stormblood main scenario quests would hinder progression.
- An issue in Dragon's Neck wherein falling from the arena would cause a KO from which the player could not be revived.
- An issue in a trial added in Patch 4.3 wherein the player would incur severe damage under certain conditions.
- An issue in the Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) wherein transitions between phases were not displayed correctly.
- An issue in the Palace of the Dead wherein the conditions stated for accessing floor 101 and higher were incorrect.
- An issue wherein using "Aetherial Manipulation" or "Between the Lines" with a black mage and then queuing a spell immediately after would cause the spell to be interrupted.
- An issue wherein "Viewing Cutscene" would be incorrectly displayed in the player list.
- An issue wherein successfully recruiting a party in the Party Finder would cause the client to crash under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein accessing a crystal bell after applying to join a duty via the Duty Finder would cause certain UI elements to become hidden.
- An issue wherein the mikoshi mount would force the hotbar to switch to the mount hotbar regardless of character configuration settings.
- An issue wherein using the eggshilaration system's ability "Shockobo" would incorrectly display the effect in two locations.
- An issue wherein the client would crash after performing certain actions under "Approaching Completion" and "Current Area" in the Achievements menu.
- An issue wherein the achievement "Triple-decker VIII" could not be awarded under certain conditions.* This achievement can be obtained by accessing it from the Achievements menu after fulfilling the requirements.
- An issue wherein placing items in the donation basket would cause the client to crash under certain conditions.
- An issue in the Doman Enclave wherein certain NPCs were not displayed correctly.
- An issue wherein reversed X or Y axis settings were not applied to the group pose camera.
- An issue wherein the names of augmented gear purchased using Resistance tokens was incorrect.