What Should I Nominate in the Game Developers Choice Awards?
Posted on Thursday, December 15 @ 13:36:00 Eastern by Nicholas Tan
I have been given the opportunity to nominate the Game Developers Choice Awards at the soon-to-be 2012 Games Developers Conference in San Francisco. If you've got a gamasutra.com account, I suppose you can vote as well.
Some of the categories like Game of the Year and Best Downloadable Game will be answered soon enough with our Game Revolution Awards, but virtually all of the categories in the Game Developers Choice Awards are completely different than ours... which means I can be swayed (maybe). Anyway, who should I nominate for the follow categories?
- "pushes the boundaries of games as an expressive medium"
Best Debut Game
- "best game from any development studio which released its first available title in 2011"
- "overall excellence in... sound effects, musical composition, sound design, orchestration, etc."
Best Game Design
- "overall excellence in... gameplay mechanics, playability, play balancing, and level design"
- "overall excellence in... graphics programming, AI, networking, and physics"
Best Visual Arts
- "overall excellence in... art direction, animation, modeling, character design, texture creation"
- "overall excellence in... scenario, plot construction, story, dialogue"
- Can't choose past-winners Will Wright, Yuji Naka, Gunpei Yokoi, Mark Cerny, Eugene Jarvis, Richard Garriott, Shigeru Miyamoto, Sid Meier, Hideo Kojima, John Carmack, or Peter Molyneux
|More On GameRevolution|