Wii Got One
Posted on Friday, November 10 @ 19:36:01 Eastern by Duke_FerrisFed Ex brought us an early Xmas present today. We've been toying around with it and i thought I'd share some first impressions. We've got Wii Sports (comes in the box), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Excite Truck.
- I've seen them before, but I still can't get over how small it is. It's literally the size of a computer disc drive.
- The motion sensor works well. It's sensitive and accurate.
- I'm still disappointed it's not in HDTV. I know many people haven't gone HD yet, and they won't care as much. But it really does look last-gen compared to the 360 and the PS3. Yes, I also understand that's the whole point, and it's part of why the system is only $250. No hate mail please. Still disappointed. Heck, it doesn't even come with an s-video connector.
- Zelda reminds me a lot of Fable in the look, art, and character design.
- You need a second Wiimote for Wii Sports and then it's pretty fun. It has no depth, and is a bit like a tech demo, but still it's fun when you're swinging away next to your friends.
- Nobody has tried Excite Truck yet. That means something.
- The central Wii server doesn't seem to be up and running yet. Our Wii cannot connect to it.
- My Mii avatar is a pretty good caricature of me.
That's all I can say so far. Game reviews coming up soon.
comments powered by Disqus
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments gameplay video. (23:22)
The Wolf Among Us
The latest The Wolf Among Us accolade trailer. (1:33)
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord trailer. (1:59)
Tail Drift PC launch trailer. (1:01)
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - New Frontiers Edition trailer. (1:12)
|More On GameRevolution|