Has everyone seriously gone mad? This game is a PILE OF CRAP design-wise. PILE OF CRAP. Morrowind was a hundred times better and Morrowind was FAR from perfect. Let me just go down the list of what's HORRIBLY WRONG with this game:
1. Monsters auto-levelling up with your hero - WHATS THE POINT OF GETTING LEVELS THEN?
2. Equipment levelling up - In the beginning of the game, glass and daedric armor exists NOWHERE, by the end, even bandits and stuff have full glass armor. How can I role play with this? Why don't the bandits just sell their glass armor and live like kings?
3. Persuasion system - no explanation needed here. This just shows an utter lack of consideration for role players and an utter lack of understanding about game design.
4. Fast Travel - Hey I know let's create a huge world and then just let the players teleport around instantly free of cost from anywhere, even to cities they haven't been to yet. Oh well so much for adventure.
5. Horseback riding - if they weren't taking it seriously they just shouldnt have put it in. Retarded, worst horseback riding in any game.
6. Compass - FOLLOW GREEN ARROW. ON ARRIVAL, CLICK ON THE THING THATS THERE. [REPEAT] A bot could play this stupid game
7. Voice acting - 12 shitty un-directed voice actors spamming bogus writing over 1000 npcs. Great idea you MORONS. There's nothing wrong with text, but there's a lot wrong with SHITTY voice acting.
I can go on and on and on. This game has NO consideration for those who want to roleplay, they chose technology over design over and over again (for example taking out Jump and Levitate so that they could make these elaborate towns that have to pre-load), and I seriously am just insulted by this game. You might as well play WOW offline. It has better animations, art, writing, gameplay. What a shame that these idiot nerds got their claws on the license for Fallout 3.
I will say, if you have never played an RPG before, this game could be enjoyable. It's pretty to look at, and does a decent enough job creating the illusion of depth for unseasoned players.