THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENTIntroduction and Presentation
- The first Tekken game to ever make it out on the arcade system and then ported to the home console.Plot
- A worldwide martial arts tournament is nearing its final, with a large purse of prize money to the fighter who can defeat Heihachi Mishima in the final round of competition. The contest is sponsored by the giant financial group, the Mishima Zaibatsu.
When each character is done after the 1p Arcade Mode the each character will recieve an ending excluding the extra unlockable characters.Gameplay and Control
- Tekken is a fighting game that has 8 playable characters in the Arcade port and the 8 hidden characters are unlockable and are not and not playable on the PSX console. The one more unlockable there is that main villain Heihachi Mishima. The gameplay focuses on combat where other characters each have their own fighting style and have moves of their own and the 8 unlockables, have the moves recycled from the other playable characters. And they all share the same moves from all the others as it goes on.
The controls are junk, it is that certain junked feeling, when you move it feels slow and jerky and don't always go in the right ways where it is needed to go.Graphics, Visuals and Framerate
- Graphics look like melted scrambled pixels which looks like they belong on the Sega Genesis games. The blood instead of being red is green when someone gets hit, in the Arcade port you can turn the blood from red or green. And on the character models they look a bit like Mortal Kombat and look okay for the cutting edge of gaming. Graphics are pretty bad for now and everyone looks not how they were expecting, Kuma looks like a giant mutated chipmunk, Prototype-Jack looks like a broken down steam driven pile of scrap metal and its hard to tell if Kunimitsu is female in this game (due to her voice sounding identical to Yoshimitsu). Backgrounds look far detailed and a bit drawn into the area. When you press R1 or so you will go into this vertical view and where you can get different angles of the fighters battles and going on.Music, Sound Effects and Voices
- Music fits in the background and will be later reused in the sequel all except one, sound effects are right in place when they are in combat. Characters nearly have the same voice except Paul, Law and Wang. They would have hired more voice actors but didn't have enough of the budget to do so.
As for so sound effects are near to under and decent.Overall
- The game back in the day for its time, they would have more variety in the game but it was pretty much under a low budget.
For the cutting edge of gaming back in the day for its time its pretty much good but for the days its averadge and yet a game I would reccomend to others to play.Plot - 4 / 10
Gameplay and Control - 7 / 10
Graphics, Visuals and Framerate - 5 / 10
Music, Sound Effects and Voices - 6 / 10