1. Blake is right. This is one of the best looking games you'll ever play this year! Even when bullets are flying inches above my head, I still take the time to appreciate the sunset, or watch houses and people burn down from my flame thrower and grenades. Graphics are awesome. Hands down and bow in awe.
2. The buddy system is really the first of its kind in the FPS genre. When you're down, a buddy of yours which you befriended will come to save you. So be sure to make lots of friends on your adventure cuz you'll never know when you'll need them to help you out. Of course, after your buddy saves you countless times, it is pretty tough to see them die. So protect them too.
3. I find it really cool that you can approach the mission any way you want. If you're a gung ho type, then strap on a light machine gun and let her rip through the front door (Of course, its harder that way) If you're the stealth type, then buy silenced rifles and hand guns then creep behind at night for a kill. If you're boom happy, then grenade launchers and mortars. For me, I like sniping my enemies from a distance before making my assualt. You choose your own style.
1. You travel a lot in this game. For some, it can be a bit tedious. You'd be driving for about 10 minutes, fighting outposts and other random encounters, before you could get to your mission area. Then 5 minutes of adrenaline-high-shoot-outs. Then another 10 minutes getting back for debriefing. Even with the bus stops in various areas for auto travel, it still is a bit tiring.
2. Ok, watching you pop a bullet from your arm, and pull your dislocated leg back is grewsome, and inovative. But the baddies aren't getting their fair share. You'll only see a couple of blood pop out, and then they die. Thats it. There ain't no entry wounds, heads popping, are bodies turned chalk black from being barbecued. Which I feel, is a bit of a bugger cuz I wanted those motherfuggerz to burn!
3. Maybe adding 5 or 10 more weapons and car variasions would be nice. There are just very few to pick from really. Although all of them are fun to use, I still think they should have added more. Also maybe weapon modding would have really been nice.
This game rocks hard. Yes it does. FPS fans are in for a treat. Look no futher dissapointed Fallout 3 fans, the saviour is here, in the form of FARCRY 2. But like I said, traveling can be a bit tedious. So if you're patient and love sight seeingm then go get this game. It sure is one of the best FPS I've ever played... and I've played a lot of them.