Its badass to be a cop.
When i picked up this game and saw that it was single player only, i was pretty bummed. i loved multiplayer on gta 4 and red dead. Rockstar CAN do multiplayer. However that being said THIS GAME WAS BADASS. The story alone was exciting enough to make me stop playing my multiplayer games for 2 days people. Just so you know I CANT SET DOWN BLACK OPS AND BRINK for 5 minutes just to upgrade my stats and guns. Its also really nice to play an "honest to goodness Good guy" once in a while. I love anti-heros don't get me wrong, but there is something really cool about playing a ivory tower. The main character Cole Phelps is a modern day Sherlock Holmes. He needs a good partner to play off of and you don't really get that until you hit the homicide desk. The arson desk partner is good too.(im not trying to spoil anything, i just like those partners best.) The way the story is written and arcs tremendously was well done, one spoiler i will give you is to check for those 13 newspapers, they will give you a better backstory.
The motion scan was an amazing technology advancement here too, i would not be shocked to see this be leased out in the future. The game looked like a movie and plays like one. The mechanics are always well done in rockstar games, however the open world element wasn't really necessary. I just had my partner drive everywhere. The dialogue system was pretty good though and the clue search system was immersive, i agree with the GR reviewer the stuff dealing with the story cases was immersive the rest wasen't.
1. Story was totally BA makes me feel like classic Batman back when Gotham city didn't have all those fancy shmancy detective computers. I AM THE BAT
2. Felt like it was a movie i honestly think thats the best thing about this game
3. Mechanics are sound but need work.
4. The technology is amazing
1. No Multiplayer. multiplayer is necessary in this day in age. but its not a killer
2. Is the open world really necessary?
3. Glitchy in spots