Run for your life!! Keep running!!
Presentation and Introduction
- Mirror's Edge is a single person-player, action adventure, first person shooter developed by EA.
From the time it came out it was released for PlayStation3, Xbox360 and PC.
- It begins in an unnamed city where a runner named Faith has been framed for a crime she hadn't committed and now it is up to her to get to run away from the elite forces that can attempt to kill her at any cost. As it is up to Mercury (Merc) to help her out and evade everything she encounters and where she has tons of missions she needs to proceed to in order to get past anything to get her life out of the mess she is in.
Due to all this running on the rooftops, Faith has a lot on her hands.. But mostly keeping up with her feet as she can do being a runner. As there are the chapters to tell us what happens later.
Characters and Environment
- The characters there are in the game introduce us to the playable (only one) character Faith Conners who is a runner and is accompanied by Merc a former runner now going off to train and hep out Faith. There is others that are Faith's sister Kate who is an officer and provides with intelligence and Faith's friends that include Celeste and Kreeg who make appearances and Jackknife a former runner.
Everywhere in the backgrounds throughout the entire game takes place into an (almost crime-free), immense, city filled with tall skyscrapers as everything fits right in where it belongs. The city that takes place in Mirror's Edge have a lot of color patterns such as blue, red and white. So far within the game there is a lack of yellow and green and ALMOST (if seen) abscence of orange. Around the city there is many complex places to run around and explore.
Gameplay and Controls
- The gameplay is focusing on the main character Faith thoughout the entire game of being in on a first-person perspective mode game where you have hand-to-hand combat and gun-play along with the ability with running and climbing, your usual type of game. Whenever you sense the color of red that is where the signal you have Faith jump, run and / or grab to it and strike. The AI is very unpredictable at times and will be on you at your every move. Whenever a level gets to its difficulty as it progresses that's where you will keep dying a lot and where it can get the player frustrated (depinding on which mode you set it on).
Controls.. Are a bit clunky and uncoordinate, hit detection is very misleading at times as the combat can get very tough when you have a hard time as no matter how many numerous times you die in the level as you are trying to hit an enemy before it hits you. The gun-play is just your usual at times but hard to keep up with one enemy as there are almost swarms of them ready to attack you.
Controls are very tough and unresponsice at times and gameplay can be a pain to go through after all the times you went through and you keep dying many times before continuing off.
There is a 'Time Attack' Mode and other places and levels you can play in some downloadable or some places when PSN is online.
Graphics and Framerate
- The graphics are polished, shaded and bright around the towering skyscrapers have a nearly realistic feel to it, when it points out everything is pretty detailed and has a comic book feel to it. On the character models they have them rendered well.
The framerate at times can be a bit irratating when you are at the camera of the game using the perspective at time the first person view (depinding on the person) can get someone sick and its hard to keep up with where you are going around, camera can be very gut-ripping when you are spinning it unessecarily.
Sound and Music
- The sound effects are not too bad, it is very correct and accurate knowing what has just happened, nothing is too out of place and where it goes it can be there. When you fall to your death it makes you know how deeply dark as it hits the player. Whenever you hear the sound effects it fits right in to the game's realistic atmosphere.
The music in the game is not very well recgonized or memorable but it does sounds very movie orientated and a bit techno-esqe (or I may be wrong), just making it feel like its getting your blood pumped as you are playing the character that's where you know where you start to run away before the incoming reinforcements arrive on your way.
After all sound is realistic and music sounds dark and intense.
Plot - 8 / 10
Characters and Environment - 8 / 10
Gameplay and Controls - 5 / 10
Graphics and Framerate - 7 / 10
Sound and Music - 7 / 10