The NPD group has revealed the video game software sales data for the United States in 2014.
As one would expect, the latest entry in Activision's insanely popular first-person shooter franchise came out on top, with Madden NFL 15 following in second. Another shooter published by Activision rounded out the top three—that being Destiny, of course.
Here's the full top 10 list of 2014:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC)
- Madden NFL 15 (Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3)
- Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Watch Dogs (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- FIFA 15 (Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Vita)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)
And here are the results for December:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Madden NFL 15
- Super Smash Bros.
- NBA 2K15
- Far Cry 4
- Just Dance 2015
- FIFA 15
While Activision gets a lot of flack for pumping out a new Call of Duty every year, can you really blame them when it tops the charts year after year? Which games among the top sellers did you purchase in 2014?