OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood has been announced and features new skate tricks, tracks, and improved gameplay for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, though we'll be left half-cabbing on this quarter-pipe lip while we wait for a release date.
The trailer above shows off some of the action players can expect, but Roll7 added in the release issued today that the game has already progressed deep into testing "which means all nighters, weekends and a half pipe full of sweat and tears. Here's word on progress direct from Game Producer Tom Hegarty:
We have really taken the development process to new heights for the sequel, with far more emphasis on making each level feel and look unique—all of the new levels in OlliOlli2 have been scrutinized, tested and iterated to the nth degree, we can wait to see what people make of it on launch.
Here's more information on the game:
- Ramps and Epic Hills have been added for "monster air" and "multi-route levels"
- The combo system "has been expanded" to include "Manuals, Revert Manuals and Grind Switching."
- The "Tricktionary" has added new moves including but not limited to "540 Shove-its, Anti-Casper Flips and Darkslides"
- Five new worlds, 50 new amateur and pro levels, and 250 challenges add to gameplay modes returning from the previous game, including Daily Grind, Spots Mode, and RAD Mode
- Combo Rush is a new mode offering split-screen local multiplayer with four different methods of competition
For more, check out our game page for the original OlliOlli.