[Update] Patch 3.07 has been released. You can read the full patch notes here.[
[Original Story] A two-year anniversary for Final Fantasy XIV was celebrated via a 14 hour live broadcast this weekend. Naoki Yoshida kicked things off with details regarding the next two patches for Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, and it's become clear that fans have a lot to look forward to.
Within the upcoming 3.07 patch and much larger 3.1 a plethora of new features, content, and adjustments will be ushered to Heavensward. Below are several of the major additions of the patches as shown during the live stream:
- New Dungeons: St Mocianne Arboretum and Pharos Sirius (Hard).
- New Raid: Void Ark (seen in the art above).
- New Gold Saucer Mini-Game: Lord of Verminion, a PvP system for minions with an RTS style of gameplay.
- New Housing Options: House sharing and interior lighting adjustment.
- New Primal Battle: No details shared.
- TP bar for party interface (confirmed for 3.07).
- Level 50 dungeons will reward experience.
- Airship Exploration system.
- Some existing mounts will be given a flying mount option.
- Try on multiple gear items at the same time.
- Relic weapon quests (may slip to patch 3.15).
- Favor adjustments including effect duration.
- Additional Triple Triad cards and opponents.
- Gold Saucer Challenge Log.
- Multiple-slot items can now be glamoured.
- Option to rename Free Company.
- Additional hair styles.
- Party Finder option for Hunts.
- Increased MGP payout at Gold Saucer.
- Main Story Quests.
- Saint Endalim Scholasticate quests.
- Vanu Vanu beast tribe quests.
Job adjustments will also be making an appearance for 3.07. Below are the currently confirmed changes:
- Astrologian: Synastry and Collective Unconscious adjustments. Card duration increase. Heal potency increase.
- Dark Knight: Blood Weapon TP reduction.
- Machinist: Quick Reload recast reduction.
- Monk: Greased Lightning duration and potency increase.
In addition to the above, a European data center will go live around mid-October, offering improved ping for players in the region. This is something that European players have requested since the game released two years ago.
Update 3.07 is expected to drop early next week, while the much larger 3.1 that includes most of the items above will land in late September or early October.