Master X Master (MXM) is heading toward its final weeks in development. In anticipation of launch, and expectations regarding server stability and balance, NCSoft is hosting a massive closed beta.
The MXM closed beta began this morning unlocking PvE and PvP modes, in addition to fan-favorite minigames.
NCSoft has released details regarding its three varieties of Founder's Pack which unlock masters (characters) and skins. It's worth noting that the game is free-to-play, so these packs include permanent master unlocks and vanity goods. Their contents is as follows:
Recruit Pack – $19.99
- Masters: Cagnazzo, Taejin, Innowin, Demenos
- Skins: Steampunk Innowin, DevKit Innowin
- Unique Title: Battle Tested
Solider Pack - $59.99
All the Recruit Pack content plus:
- Masters: Jinsoyun, Sonid, Vita, Ignuma
- Skins: Inmate Cagnazzo
- Starter Kit: Gold Booster T-2 (3 days); XP Booster T-2 (3 days); Auto-Collector (3 days); Life Charger (x3); Noah Recovery Kit (x3); Noah Burst Heal Kit (x3)
- Unique Title: Sol Warrior
- Name reservation
Master Pack - $99.99
All the Recruit/Soldier Pack content plus:
- Masters: Statesman, Vonak, Lilu, Maia, Jingtai, Nedien, Moro
- Skins: Mobster Taejin, Little Dragon Jingtai, Lifeguard Vonak
- Unique Title: Scourge of Atlas
- Digital Soundtrack: Immediate download
The closed beta will last through April 27th. You can sign up by registering on the official site.
MXM is a MOBA with several neat concepts that may appeal to fans of the genre looking for something new including WASD controls and a TAG system that allows players to swap control between two characters during play.