Rockstar Games has announced a special edition version for Max Payne 3. Oddly, you can only pre-order it from now until Janurary 15th, 2012 - even though the game doesn't release until March. I can't recall this tactic ever being done before, but it's strange to say the least. It could be a smart move, driving more people to pre-order early, so there's less shortages on release day. Or, it could be so there aren't any leftover Collector's Editions sitting on store shelves for months after release - which is so embarrassing. Whatever Rockstar's goals are with this approach, this is what you'll be getting it you pre-order the Special Edition of Max Payne 3.
- A copy of Max Payne 3
- 10” tall Collectible Max Payne Statue created in a collaboration between TriForce and Rockstar Games
- Series of game-inspired Original Still Life Art Prints that depict some of Max Payne’s inner demons and vices
- Copper and brass-plated iron, bullet-shaped Bullet Keychain featuring a screw-off back
- Classic Multiplayer Character Pack of eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem
- Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer that includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail
- Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack featuring the game’s instrumental score.