Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon sat down with Sid Shuman of the PlayStation Blog to discuss some of the new features that will be available on the PlayStation Vita version of the game.
Here is the TL;DR version of the Q&A:
- Everything from the PS3 version is there; from the story mode to the DLC characters.
- There will be two Challenge Towers. The original, and a PlayStation Vita exclusive tower, that features 150 additional challenges tailored to the Vita's unique hardware capabilities.
- Runs at 60 frames per second.
- It will utilize the touchscreen, accelerometer and gyrometer in some ways.
- New "Test Your ___" mini-games are added using those same Vita-exclusive functions.
- Touchscreen can activate X-ray moves.
- Fatalities can be performed by "slicing" the touchscreen, but is optional.
- One-on-one multiplayer via Wifi and Ad-hoc will be available. No two-on-two or eight-player matches will be included.
- The "Vitality" rumor was a mock-up name, originally. The official name is just Mortal Kombat.
Mortal Kombat for the PlayStation Vita releases some time in the Spring. We've got some hands-on time with the game booked in the very near future, so look out for our impressions in the coming weeks.