It's been obvious for a while that the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat was the better version. It's got stereoscopic 3D support for you rich kids with 3DTVs, and God of War star and all-around badass, Kratos, as an exclusive character.
360 fans have felt left out, hoping for a console exclusive character of their own. A video of Green Lantern popped up recently, but that really didn't sit well with fans after the essence of the MK franchise (blood, gore and fatalities) was practically ruined by DC comic characters in the most recent installment of the series.
This latest rumor gives 360 users hope that their version won't be the red-headed step-child: kinda just there, unloved and neglected, with the occasional rounds of beatings. The following aren't yet confirmed by NetherRealm Studios, so take with a grain of salt (and put it in your wounds):
- Exclusive Mode: Puzzle Kombat – Features online play, leaderboards, and avatar support
- Exclusive Arena: The Pit 360 – A remake of The Pit III from MK 3
- King of the Hill mode will include avatar support
- DLC Character "Lady in Red" will be available to Xbox Live users as a free download for a limited time after her release
- Exclusive avatar gear will be available for purchase
These latest rumored details do not include Green Lantern as a 360-exclusive character, but that's still a possibility. I guess we'll just have to wait until the game's April 19th release date to find out exactly what is in the 360 version.
Which version of Mortal Kombat will you be getting on April 19th? PS3 or 360? Let us know in the comments below.