Yo dawg, I heard you like to play Dark Souls, so I put microphone support in the PC version so you can scream while I scream.
Steam now has the full system requirements for Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition, and while they're not surprising, the suble addition of microphone support definitely is. In the past, the series has strayed from conventional communication to offer a mysterious, and sometimes humbling, experience.
Below are the full hardware requirements:
- OS: Windows XP , Windows Vista, Windows 7, or newer
- Processor: 2.6 GHz Dual-Core
- Memory: 1 GB (XP), 2GB (Vista/7)
- Hard Disk Space: 4 GB
- Video Card: 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850 or higher, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: Direct Sound Compatible
- Additional: Multiplayer requires microphone headset support
Keep in mind that the Prepare To Die Edition, which is exclusive to PC, will include all of the following in addition to the full ball-busting original experience:
- New Bosses – Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
- PVP Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for co-op or PVP
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
- New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
If you're looking to upgrade your computer or even buy a new one, be sure to check out our guide. In the meantime, make sure you have a microphone, meet the system requirements, and are ready for a wild ride.
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition will be releasing on August 24th, 2012.