Borderlands 2 is one of the hottest games of the year, and given that it's coming to three separate platforms—potentially even four with the Vita—you're going to need to make a big decision later this year. But the decision might be easier than you think.
While speaking at this year's Rezzed (an annual PC and indie games show), Gearbox's Randy Pitchford enforced his commitment to make the PC version of Borderlands 2 as enticing and full of features as possible. He stated:
If you look up that Claptrap love letter you’ll see some of the things we’re doing. It shows a renewed commitment to not just ourselves, but the customer side of the PC game.
With both BL1 and BL2, the PC version is the best looking, highest fidelity version of the game, but what we’ve learned, is that the details are important to you on the PC and we made a strong effort to improve those details in the product.
As stated in the claptrap love letter released on the web earlier this year, the PC version will include all of the following:
- FOV slider
- 100% mouse usable menus/mouse wheel scrolling
- Remappable keybindings for keyboard/mouse
- PC-specific UI
- Native multiplayer matchmaking
- Push to talk
- Logitech keyboard support
- LAN support (including offline mode)
- Control pad support
- Integrated V-sync option
- Support for higher resolutions
- Mouse smoothing options (can be disabled completely)
- Cloud save support
- Achievement support
- Friends list support
- No port forwarding required