Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has enjoyed a true blast-off in sales since its release, rocketing to the top of Amazon's 2017 sales totals in the US during its first day and becoming the fastest selling Mario Kart title of all time shortly thereafter. We now have UK sales info to add to the mix, and unsurprisingly, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe found a way to dominate there too.
The list includes a number of expected recent chart-toppers, as well as some unexpected overachievers and older games that manage to keep hanging on. Especially notable is Grand Theft Auto V, settling at number three behind Mario and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, affirming to anyone who forgot that Rockstar Games' coffers must be near bursting at the seams. You can check out the full list for April 2017 below.
2. Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Ubisoft)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
4. LEGO Worlds (Warner Bros)
5. FIFA 17 (EA)
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
7. Persona 5 (Atlus)
8. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Activision)
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda (EA)
10. Rocket League (505 Games)
11. Overwatch (Blizzard)
12. Horizon Zero Dawn (Sony)
13. LEGO City Undercover (Warner Bros)
14. Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
15. WWE 2K17 (2K Games)
16. Battlefield 1 (EA)
17. Yooka-Laylee (Team 17)
18. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 (CI Games)
19. For Honor (Ubisoft)
20. Minecraft: Xbox Edition (Microsoft)
Also impressive is Breath of the Wild's continued dominance (likely part and parcel with continued Switch console sales), as well as Persona 5's ability to remain in the top ten. Regardless, it will surely be interesting to see for how many weeks Mario Kart 8 Deluxe can retain the top spot.