- Related Games:
- Path of Exile
Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath is launching this Friday. Following a long pre-release campaign and beta it's been expected that it would be a significant release for the game. However, it's even bigger than most players imagined.
The Fall of Oriath will include a host of new features, areas, and content. Among the highlights are:
- Added Acts Five through Ten.
- Removed the Cruel and Merciless difficulty levels. Path of Exile is now a single ten-act playthrough.
- Added a new Character Selection Screen.
- Added a new feature - the Pantheon system: Best the ancient gods of Wraeclast in battle and you can claim a portion of their power. There are four Major god powers and seven Minor god powers to be claimed in The Fall of Oriath. You can have one
- Major and one Minor power active at a time, and can return to any town or hideout to change which powers are active at no cost. Later, each power can be upgraded by placing a Divine Vessel in your map device before you defeat certain map bosses.
- Added a new feature - the Help panel: As you play Path of Exile, you can unlock Help panel pages. These can be viewed by clicking on a new Help button next to the Shop button. Each panel is designed to introduce you to an aspect of Path of Exile's gameplay, and give you the tools you need to explore the features yourself.
- Significantly updated the tutorial. It is integrated with the new Help system.
- The game HUD has been updated to the Eclipse theme used throughout The Fall of Oriath.
- Added 8 Vaal Side Areas with new bosses, found through areas in Oriath.
- Added a Passive Skill Tree planning system.
- Introduced new technology for rendering water throughout the game.
It might not seem like a lot, but there are many smaller adjustments included that have resulted in a list of patch notes that are more than 50 pages long, as seen here.
GameRevolution will be playing and covering Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath at launch.