[UPDATE] The European servers have been unaffected and will not be merged.
Innovation only goes so far, and TERA's recent struggles are exemplary of that.
In response to metrics showing difficulty in players forming groups, Bluehole Studio has decided to merge servers. The merge will take place on September 18th and is expected to increase population count.
However, not all is negative. Some statistics were posted which show that the game has already lived a decent life. See below:
- You’ve created more than 2.5 million characters since OBT.
- Most popular class: warrior (18.1 percent of total characters created)
- Next closest: sorcerer (14.9 percent)
- Most popular race: castanic (22.7 percent)
- Next closest: human (22.5 percent)
- You’ve formed more than 14,000 guilds.
- The Island of Dawn has claimed 363,111 player deaths. (Rest in peace, newbies.)
- A kumas demon has claimed the top player-killing title, slaughtering more than a quarter-million souls and only dying 63,141 times. What a jerk.