Resident Evil 6's first week in Japan has had an incredible sales start. It's actually in the top 5 games sold for October 1-7 TWICE—No. 1 for PlayStation 3 and No. 5 for Xbox 360. The game has sold over 650,000 units (combining both PS3 and 360 sales) according to Media Create.
This first week's sales tops Resident Evil 5's total sales. in Japan alone. It's the second most successful game in its first week, coming just after Final Fantasy XIII.
The following are the top 5 games in Japan for October 1-7.
- Resident Evil 6 (PS3) - 634,933
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 (PS3) - 223,884
- Summon Night 3 (PSP) - 51,453
- [Sol Trigger (PSP) - 42,037
- Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360) - 41,652
The fact that PSP games ranked up there and not Vita games was not lost on us either.