Most of the news that's come out about BioShock Infinite as of late has been a bit troubling, and has made many believe that the highly anticipated game won't release on time. Almost as a way to say, "Hey, don't worry about it, please!" Irrational Games and 2K announced two collector's editions for the game: Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions.
The Premium Edition will cost $79.99 and include the following in addition to the game:
- A 64-page mini edition of Dark Horse Comics' The Art of BioShock Infinite
- Digital soundtrack
- DLC: Three exclusive Gear power-ups: Bull Rush (makes sprinting melee strikes more effective), Extra! Extra! (audio logs grant extra in-game money), and Betrayer (possessed enemies that you kill explode in a deadly fireball)
- Console Exclusives: Xbox 360 users get Booker and Elizabeth avatar costumes. PC and PS3 players get BioShock Infinite themes
- A 5" x 7" Lithograph print of Columbia propoganda
- Handyman Figurine: A 25mm resin-cast figurine for use in the BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia board game
- Murder of Crows 3" Keychain
The Ultimate Songbird Edition will cost a whopping $149.99 and include a resin-cast 9.75" Songbird statue in addition to everything the Premium Edition offers. While the statue is quite breathtaking, you'd really have to be the ultimate fan to spend an additional $70 just for a statue.
I haven't looked into preordering the game yet, but the Premium Edition definitely has my attention due to the soundtrack and the mini-art book. I'm such a sucker for these things.