Out with the old, rusty, and flawed, and in with the new, they say.
Last night a meteor descended upon Final Fantasy XIV's world of Eorzea, an event that left disgruntled fans like myself giddy after two years of facepalming. Thousands of players gathered—as seen above—near capitol cities to mark their existence in Final Fantasy XIV's undoubtedly controversial timeline.
Not all was destroyed, though. The event also signaled the beginning of a new era laden with opportunity and modern mechanics which Square Enix has dubbed: A Realm Reborn. To add an exclamation point to the event, Square Enix released an absolutely remarkable trailer that was crafted by the talented group at Visual Works.
- Completely restructured world.
- An optimized graphics engine.
- Two functional UIs (one for PC and one for PS3).
- Addition of Arcanist and Summoner.
- Chocobo raising.
- Instanced housing.
- Tons of added quests.
- New notorious monsters.
- Cross-server dungeon finder.
- Additional summons including Titan and Odin.
- Overhauled combat system.
- PvP system.
- New story.
- Redesigned crafting/gathering system.
- New dungeons and raids.