I always hear how excellent the games are in PlayStation Home, but I haven't actually experienced them for myself. It's not worth the time loading through PlayStation Home spaces and interacting with
virgins virtual gamers just to play a couple arcade games. But as of today, everyone else and I can get to the arcade games without the need for PlayStation Home itself.
The PlayStation Home Arcade app launches for PS Vita today, bringing those very same classic arcade games found in PlayStation Home on PS3. The free app comes with wipEout 2D, Icebreaker, and a playable demo for Scribble Shooter all free, with additional games made available for $1.49 each. Buying any game on the PlayStation Home Arcade for PlayStation Vita also gives you access to the classic arcade machine for said game in PlayStation Home.
These titles will be available today when the app arrives with today's PlayStation Store update:
- Icebreaker (Free) – Sony Computer Entertainment
- WipEout 2D (Free) – Sony Computer Entertainment
- Scribble Shooter (Demo available for free) – Sony Computer Entertainment
- Frogger – KONAMI
- Time Pilot – KONAMI
- Asteroids – ATARI
- Centipede – ATARI
- Astrosmash Gen2 – INTELLIVISION via Realtime Associates
- Shark! Shark! Gen2 – INTELLIVISION via Realtime Associates
- Mad Blocker – Open Emotion
Any of these classic arcade games catch your eye? Any of you actually use PlayStation Home on the PS3?