- Related Games:
- Soul Sacrifice
The unthinkable has happened: the PS Vita has outsold the 3DS in Japan. Turns out, all it needed was a little bit of Soul.
And a bunch of other factors like several other key pieces of software and that price drop thing.
Truly, Sony picked a find time to experiment with a lower price, as the aforementioned Soul Sacrifice, teamed up with Tales of Hearts-R, Senran kagura: Shinovi Versus, Phantasy Star Online 2, and Uta no Price All-Star. Now, if you're like me and said an audible "The fuck is Uta no Prince?" when you read that, Wikifuckingpedia to the rescue. Apparently it's a music game based on a visual novel series. These happen. Japan. Sometimes, that's all you can say. It sells.
Below are Media Create's full hardware charts for March 4 - 10. The Wii-U is really hitting its stride, managing to sell approximately half what the PSP did.
PSV - 63,581
3DS - 61,008
PS3 - 19,567
PSP - 18,023
WIU - 9,454
WII - 1,363
360 - 768
You may remember that last week, the Xbox 360 sold 486 units, meaning this week saw more than a 50% increase. If these trends continue....
And here we have the software sales. Two Vita games in the top five? Five Vita games charting in the top 20? I'm not sure if either of these have ever happened at all, let alone within the same week. Next week, it has Steins;Gate and a new Nobunaga's Ambition game to look forward to. Later in the month will see Dead or Alive 5 Plus as well as Atelier Meruru Plus and the Muramasa port, so Vita should enjoy a good month.
1. (PS3) Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f - 110,229
2. (PSV) Soul Sacrifice - 92,396
3. (PSP) Uta no Prince-Sama: All Star - 67,217
4. (3DS) Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 63,285
5. (PSV) Tales of Hearts R - 55,258
6. (PS3) Dynasty Warriors 8 - 46,866
7. (PS3) Far Cry 3 - 33,281
8. (3DS) Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization A - 30,078
9. (3DS) Dragon Quest VII - 24,045
10. (PSV) Soul Sacrifice: "United Front" Double Pack - 22,050
11. (3DS) Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission - 21,915
12. (PS3) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 17,833
13. (PSV) Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei - 17,138
14. (3DS) Doraemon: Nobita to Himitsu Dougu Hakubutsukan - 12,768
15. (PSV) Phantasy Star Online 2: Special Package - 10,031
16. (PS3) Crysis 3 - 9,602
17. (PS3) Macross 30 - 9,294
18. (PSP) Shining Ark - 9,161
19. (3DS) New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 8,452
20. (3DS) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - 8,096
That Hatsune Miku game is pretty much a port of the Vita one, presumably without the stupid inclusion of touchscreen use. It was the top selling game with an asterisk, as the two versions of Soul Sacrifice combined add up to more than Miku.