E3 is less than a week away. Whatever these console manufacturers may have up their sleeves is at risk of being leaked. That is, if they haven't been leaked already.
- CPU – Custom IBM Power 6 Chip (Codename Fox), Quad Core 3.5Ghz
- Graphics – Custom AMD RV770 (Codename Wolf) 766Mhz
- RAM – 512MB XDR2 DRAM (Main), 1024 GDDR5 VRAM (Video), 16MB eDRAM
- Storage – 2.5″ 250/320GB SATA & Expandable storage via SD/SDHC card up to 64GB
- Media – Custom Blu-ray & compatible with Nintendo GameCube Game Discs & Wii Disc
- Display – Composite – 480i, S-Video – 480i, Component – 480/720/1080, HDMI – 480/720/1080
If these specs are indeed true, the new console will trump the current offerings from Sony and Microsoft. Which means they'd better hurry up and announce their own next-gen successors as well.
The only thing that's left is to finally see the new, innovative, touchscreen, camera-equipped controllers, and whatever games Nintendo might have in tow. We'll know for sure in just one week's time, and we'll be live-blogging from Nintendo's press conference. Later that day we have hands-on time scheduled with the new console. Expect a full report, live from the E3 show floor.