Sony took to the stage in Tokyo and kicked off its conference by revealing a new, slim PSVita model. It's 15% lighter overall, thanks to being 20% thinner. Quick facts:
- 1 GB of built-in memory.
- Yellow, pink, light blue/green, silver, black, red, and white colors available. Not sure how many of these colors will leave Japan.
- Battery life increased by about one hour.
- Same price as current Vita, 19,929 yen (or $200 US).
- October 10 in Japan, other territories not yet specified.
- Sony is aiming for women and children with this, shooting for "a broader range of users."
Alongside the new system reveal came a new 64-GB memory card reveal, set to sell for 10,490 yen (like $105 US).
International release dates are TBA for most of this stuff. It can be assumed that the memory card and Vita model will leave Japan. The only unsure detail is the system colors. Where the hell was forest green, by the way? I mean come on, my forest green PSP-3000 is still the sexiest handheld ever released.