Have you ever found yourself wishing you could play an original, standard-def Wii game on your HD-capable Wii U, but someone else in the house is hogging the only television for you to play on? No? Well Nintendo has a solution anyway.
Instead of bringing a fresh batch of new titles to Virtual Console, the Big N has decided to enable GamePad support for original Wii games. What does this mean? Well, it means you can play your Wii games on a much smaller screen, while still using the Wii remote and nunchuck as control inputs. Have fun rearranging the sensor bar and straining your eyes!
In addition, this latest software update includes a few other noteworthy changes, including:
- The ability to automatically receive recommended demos and software using SpotPass
- The ability to disable Nintendo ID use via smartphone or web browser
- USB keyboard support
- A dedicated friend list icon on the Wii U Menu
- Support for Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound when playing Wii software
- Users can chat via a headset plugged into the GamePad (for Wii U Chat)
- Internet Browser improvements
- Overall system stability improvements
Will you make use of the newly added GamePad support for Wii games? Be sure to let us know in the comments below.