- Related Games:
- Batman: Arkham Origins,Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U)
Warner Bros and WB Montreal hope Batman: Arkham Origins can satisfy fans and critics alike as Rocksteady passes the good-Batman-game torch on for more mysterious projects. After Batman's Wii U outing, I think the team in Montreal will do a good job for a few reasons:
- We've played it tons, the gameplay feels great, and freeflow combat is still the best gameplay for beat-em-up fans and Batman.
- They're adding multiplayer, but a completely different team outside of WB Montreal is working on it. Splash Damage from the UK are creating the new thugs-vs-thugs-vs-dynamic-duo online modes so Batman's single-player adventure still has plenty of work in it.
- Bigger city, new gadgets... the prequel line is kind of silly and it seems true that it's an excuse to continue using the Arkham name, but I don't care what they call it so long as there's a ton of gameplay, exploration, and moody music from the Warner Bros orchestra.
- New villains: Black Mask, Deadshot, Anarky, Copperhead, Firefly, and more.
- Warner Bros still has access to the Bat-encyclopedia, so I expect just as many nods to classic Bat-literature and media in addition to more easter eggs.
The launch trailer above doesn't exactly spell it out, so I thought I would. Looking forward to October 25th? Batman: Arkham Origins launches world wide on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and PC this Friday.