Activision has taken much of what Call of Duty Elite subscribers have been enjoying since Modern Warfare 3 and put it all into an accessible and more importantly free mobile app, allowing players to customize load-outs and more on the go.
The video above highlights many of the different uses hardcore fans will get out of linking their Xbox or PlayStation or PC accounts with Activision's overarching Call of Duty account and app. Here's everything you can do (with more details in the video):
- Companion feature: Check your stats against friends and enemies
- Companion feature: Create a soldier on the go and immediately jump in the game with your new load-out
- Clans: look for a clan to join or create your own clan and manage everything on your mobile device
- Clans: With a Call of Duty account, you can now join clans regardless of platform. If your group of friends is segmented by current- and next-gen consoles, your clan can still grow and compete against other clans together
- Clans: unlock exclusive items and XP boosts through Clan Wars in-App
- Second screen functionality will be added a little further down the line
- Once you activate second screen functionality, your game and app will be synced up and you can get live information on the match you're playing in
Have you been dominating the field in Call of Duty: Ghosts? Are you waiting for the next-generation version? Check out our full review and then download Activision's Call of Duty app on iTunes or Google Play.