The Elder Scrolls Online Patch v1.1.2 introduces the Adventure Zone Craglorn, the first major content update, as well as plenty of fixes, but let's highlight the more significant changes.
Craglorn, sandwiched between Cyrodiil and Skyrim, is meant for the most hardcore group of adventurers in TESO as this zone is meant for groups of four Veteran Rank 10+ characters, though you'll be allowed to enter Craglorn even if you character is lower than that. Players can find the quest by going to Mournhold, Wayrest, or Elden Root which will take them to the zone. The addition of Craglorn increases the Veteran Rank from 10 to 12, and additionally, "the veteran XP earned from killing enemies has more than doubled."
The Trials of Craglorn, featuring Hel Ra Citadel and the Aetherian Archive, ups the ante once more as a test for 12 players who must share a pool of respawns (36 resurrections to be exact), but reaching and defeating the final boss might place them at the top of the leaderboard with extra rewards given for speed. (One note, though: the teleport pads in Aetherian Archive may not work properly...) Those who complete Trials of the Week and place on the leaderboard will receive a special item in the mail once the weekly event ends.
To make players understand why they died, the developers have added a Death Recap screen that will give players hints on how to improve their performance and provides vital information on what contribues to their death.
Some other important changes include the following (for full details, please visit the official notes):
- Chests are now shared in instances. Every player in the group within 50 meters of a chest when it's unlocked will get an individual roll on the chest.
- All monsters in Cyrodiil and its caves are not Veteran Rank 5
- Alliances that are outnumbered in a PvP campaign will receive a bonus to potential scoring and alliance points
- XP gained from killing enemy player characters has been doubled
- The Battle Level option in the settings menu will allow you do use the raw stat values instead of adjusted stats
- New emotes "/torch" and "/kick" (/eatbread is now /eat2 and /apple is now /eat3)
- Roll dodging makes you immune to immobilizing effects.
- Veteran Rank players in a group will receive group credit for monster kills