While DualShock 4 has been compatible with PS3 for a little while now, this is the first time you'll be able to use the controller wirelessly, as a connection via USB was required up until this point.
Here's a step-by-step rundown on how to get it synced up with your console (via Reddit):
- Under "Accessory Settings", select "Manage Bluetooth Devices"
- Select "Register New Device" then start scanning
- While the PS3 is scanning, press and hold the share button and PS button on the DS4 at the same time until it starts blinking
- The PS3 should then see the controller from there. The DS4 is going to show up as a "Wireless Controller"
- Once selected, the registration is complete
- Pressing the PS button on the DS4 now will turn the controller on, the LED will light up white while it's on
What do you think of Sony's DualShock 4? Is it vastly superior to PlayStation 3's last-gen DS3 control pad? How does it stand up to the likes of Microsoft's Xbox One controller? Be sure to sound off with your thoughts in the comments below.