Pre-orders for Wii U saw a significant boost following Germany's massive gaming expo, Amazon has reported.
In fact, Nintendo's system has managed to outshine both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in its post-gamescom pre-order boost, with an 8.67% increase in reserved software. Meanwhile, game pre-orders for Sony's system saw a 5.16% jump, and titles for Microsoft's console received a meager 2.81% rise.
Here's the full rundown of software pre-orders during the week of gamescom:
1. Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios) 42.3 per cent increase
2. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix) 30.25 per cent increase
3. Bloodborne (Sony) 16.08 per cent increase
4. Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo) 11.77 per cent increase
5. Quantum Break (Microsoft) 10.77 per cent increase
6. Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft) 9.53 per cent increase
7. Assassin's Creed Unity (Ubisoft) 9.44 per cent increase
8. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros) 9.03 per cent increase
9. Battlefield: Hardline (EA) 8.81 per cent increase
10. Super Smash Bros for 3DS (Nintendo) 7.56 per cent increase
As we near the ever-approaching holiday season, it will be interesting to see which games prove to be the most popular among consumers and for which console.