Diablo III Likely To Be Delayed, Again
Posted on Thursday, January 19 @ 15:28:42 Eastern by Nicholas Tan
Earlier today, Jay Wilson on the official Diablo III blog responded to comments made on the Diablo III beta, particularly those that demanded that Blizzard release Diablo III sooner than later:
In general, there are several gameplay changes the team wants to make, but none of these are quick and simple changes, including those for "crafting, items, core attributes, and inventory" as well as "major changes to the skill and rune system that we're not ready to talk about yet":
Here's a quick breakdown of some the minor changes:
- No more scrolls of identification. A simple right-click on an unidentified item will reveal its true name, so that you don't need to keep a physical item around just for identification.
- The fifth quick slot button is becoming a dedicated potion button.
- The Mystic artisan has been removed, perhaps to be released some time down the pipeline, since the customization system surrounding was "just the socket and gem system with a different name".
- The Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube have also been removed. With the town portal-conjuring Stone of Recall, now just called Town Portal, there's just no need for these items.
- The Blacksmith artisan will salvage items.
- The common (white) items will no longer be salvageable.
- The core character attributes have been re-distributed between Strength (for Barbarians), Dexterity (for Demon Hunter and Monk), Intellect (for Wizard and Witch Doctor), and Vitality (for health).
- Character stats will be shown alongside the inventory UI.
comments powered by Disqus
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round debut trailer. (1:04)
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Walkthrough video. (6:31)
Construction Simulator 2015
Construction Simulator 2015 trailer. (0:48)
Gratuitous Space Battles 2
PreAlpha battle effects video. (9:12)
Terra Battle trailer. (6:13)
|More On GameRevolution|