EA Sports UFC Puts Sales Charts Into a Submission Hold
Posted on Wednesday, July 2 @ 11:00:00 PST by Daniel Bischoff
Xbox One and PlayStation 4 releases of EA Sports UFC moved a combined total of 442,021 units in one week on store shelves, according to data collected by VGChartz.
That's a strong start for EA's second shot at virtual MMA fighting and the company's first outing with the full support of the UFC brand and fighters, but it was closely followed by continued sales of Mario Kart 8 for Nintendo Wii U.
Nintendo's racing game pushed nearly 150K units in its fourth week to bring the total sold to 1.8M and change. Watch Dogs on PlayStation 4 followed closely behind that and Minecraft's PS3 release took fifth place in weekly sales.
Tomodachi Life's sales have held strong, with just over 50K units moved in the last week, though it only did slightly better than Minecraft's Xbox 360 release which has now surpassed 4.7M units sold.Pokémon Art Academy's first week on shelves in Japan saw modest sales, all in keeping with the relatively slow summer we've had thus far.
Here's the full list, with additional data on hardware sales both here in the stats and as provided by Media Create's Japanese sales tracking:
1. EA Sports UFC - PlayStation 4
2. EA Sports UFC - Xbox One
3. Mario Kart 8 - Nintendo Wii U
4. Watch Dogs - PlayStation 4
5. Minecraft - PlayStation 3
6. Watch Dogs - PlayStation 3
7. TomodachiLife - Nintendo 3DS
8. Minecraft- Xbox 360
9. Watch Dogs - Xbox 360
10.Pokémon X & Y - Nintendo 3DS
13.Pokémon Art Academy - Nintendo 3DS
50. htoL#NiQ: Hotaru no Nikki - PlayStation Vita
51. MotoGP 14 - PlayStation 4
73. CV Casting Voices - PlayStation 3
Global Hardware Sales (Japanese):
1. Nintendo 3DS - 99,442 (22,803)
2. PlayStation 4 - 96,450 (8,059)
3. Xbox One - 71,311 (N/A)
4. Nintendo Wii U - 53,294 (10,653)
5. PlayStation 3 - 48,684 (7,480)
6. Xbox 360 - 37,372 (201)
7. PlayStation Vita - 28,606 (22, 192)
8. PlayStation Portable - 10,346 (1,445)
9. Nintendo Wii - 6,320 (N/A)
10. Vita TV - N/A (2,727)
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.
|More On GameRevolution|