MOST POPULAR FEATURESThe Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,
Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4.
I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...
HomeNews Japan's 20 Best-Selling Games (Oct 17-23)
Japan's 20 Best-Selling Games (Oct 17-23)
Posted on Saturday, October 29 @ 02:30:23 Eastern by Heath_Hindman
Japanese electronic sales measurement group and reputable source of fanboy boners Media Create has released its data, and to the surprise of very few, if any, two anime-based games sit atop the software sales charts.
1. [PS3] Gekijouban Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa
2. [PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact
3. [WII] Go Vacation
4. [WII] Just Dance Wii
5. [PS3] Dead Island
6. [PS3] FIFA 12
7. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
8. [PS3] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
9. [PSP] AKB1/48: If I Fell in Love with a Japanese Pop Star in Guam...
10.  Dead Island
11. [WII] Rhythm Heaven
12. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus
13. [PS3] Deus Ex: Human Revolution
14. [PS3] NBA 2K12
15. [WII] Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary: Dragon Quest I-II-III
16. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends
17. [NDS] Kirby Mass Attack
18. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
19. [3DS] Tetris Axis
20. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3
The top-selling game, Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa (Macross Frontier: The Goodbye Wing), has not been announced for lozalization anywhere outside of Japan. Despite it's Japanese popularity, this is probably a wise move, as it doesn't have as much selling power elsewhere. I admit to being morbidly curious about AKB 1/48, but I can't bring myself to spend money on it, nor can I imagine the awkwardness at the counter. "Um, uh...I'll take this game meant for people with no social skills, please."