PREVIEWSPillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...
HomeNews Japan's 20 Best-Selling Games (Oct 17-23)
Japan's 20 Best-Selling Games (Oct 17-23)
Posted on Saturday, October 29 @ 02:30:23 Eastern by Heath_Hindman
Japanese electronic sales measurement group and reputable source of fanboy boners Media Create has released its data, and to the surprise of very few, if any, two anime-based games sit atop the software sales charts.
1. [PS3] Gekijouban Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa
2. [PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact
3. [WII] Go Vacation
4. [WII] Just Dance Wii
5. [PS3] Dead Island
6. [PS3] FIFA 12
7. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
8. [PS3] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
9. [PSP] AKB1/48: If I Fell in Love with a Japanese Pop Star in Guam...
10.  Dead Island
11. [WII] Rhythm Heaven
12. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus
13. [PS3] Deus Ex: Human Revolution
14. [PS3] NBA 2K12
15. [WII] Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary: Dragon Quest I-II-III
16. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends
17. [NDS] Kirby Mass Attack
18. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
19. [3DS] Tetris Axis
20. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3
The top-selling game, Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa (Macross Frontier: The Goodbye Wing), has not been announced for lozalization anywhere outside of Japan. Despite it's Japanese popularity, this is probably a wise move, as it doesn't have as much selling power elsewhere. I admit to being morbidly curious about AKB 1/48, but I can't bring myself to spend money on it, nor can I imagine the awkwardness at the counter. "Um, uh...I'll take this game meant for people with no social skills, please."