Warning: This blog entry may contain spoilers about the Mass Effect trilogy.
About four weeks ago I was bored, really bored. It was a Saturday night and like the loser that I am I was at home bored. I had recently finished Batman: Arkham Origins and wanted to play something else. I...
HomeNews LittleBigPlanet Vita Not So Big In Japan - Media Create's 50 Best-Selling Games (Week Ending Sept. 23)
LittleBigPlanet Vita Not So Big In Japan - Media Create's 50 Best-Selling Games (Week Ending Sept. 23)
Posted on Saturday, September 29 @ 18:39:01 Eastern by Heath_Hindman
My friend assured me that LittleBigPlanet would match the Vita selling power of Hatsune Miku in Japan. I doubted this, and told him as much. I would have loved to see some news proving me wrong—to see LBP top the sales charts with 200,000 copies sold in its first week. I didn't see that. What I did see in this sales chart for the week of Sept. 17th through Sept. 23rd, was Square Enix making more dough off of ports, and LittleBigPlanet selling fewer than 6,000 copies.
In the great majority of cases, software sees about a 50-70% drop in sales from week one to week two in Japan, so that means that after two weeks on the market, all signs are pointing to this outstanding game shifting less than 10,000 units in Japan. As usual, all results below are via Media Create.
Greg, you owe me a Coke... but I wish you didn't.
1. (PSP) Final Fantasy III
2. (3DS) New Super Mario Bros. 2
3. (PS3) Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
4. (3DS) Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
5. (3DS) Medarot 7: Kabuto / Kuwagata
6. (PS3) Tekken Tag Tournament 2
7. (PSP) Tiger & Bunny: On-Air Jack!
8. (NDS) Pokemon Black 2 / White 2
9. (3DS) Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire!
10. (PSP) Hunter x Hunter: Wonder Adventure
11. (3DS) Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 2nd
12. (PS3) Eureka Seven AO: Jungfrau no Hanabanatachi
13. (3DS) Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb
14. (PSP) Kiyoka no Ori: Hiiro no Kakera 4
15. (3DS) Brain Age: Concentration Training
16. (WII) Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
17. (PSV) LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
18. (WII) Wii Sports Resort with Wii Remote Plus
19. (3DS) Kobitodzukan: Kobito Kansatsu Set
20. (WII) Just Dance Wii 2
21. (WII) Mario Party 9
22. (360) Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
23. (3DS) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
24. (PSV) Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f
25. (WII) Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Definitive Edition
26. (WII) Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition
27. (3DS) Mario Kart 7
28. (PSP) Lost Heroes
29. (3DS) Lost Heroes
30. (3DS) Little Battlers eXperience: Explosive Boost
31. (3DS) Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
32. (3DS) Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
33. (PSP) Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei
34. (PSP) Akatsuki no Goei Trinity
35. (3DS) Super Mario 3D Land
36. (PS3) Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei
37. (PS3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
38. (PS3) Akatsuki no Goei Trinity
39. (PS3) Max Payne 3
40. (PSP) 24-houri Cinderella: Halloween Wedding
41. (PSP) Mobile Suit Gundam Age: Universe Accel / Cosmic Drive
42. (3DS) Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi
43. (3DS) Rune Factory 4: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
44. (PS3) Call of Duty: Black Ops - Dubbed Edition
45. (PSP) Kuroko's Basketball: Miracle Game
46. (3DS) Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends
47. (PS3) Ratchet & Clank Collection
48. (PS3) Assassin's Creed I + II Welcome Pack
49. (PSP) Taiko Drum Master Portable DX
50. (WII) Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Hardware sales were nothing new. Nintendo's 3DS led the way again with 61,000 units sold, PSP remained the second-best place to sell a game with 14,000 units sold, PS3 sputtered around at 11,000, and the Vita continued to lie there and do nothing with its 9,000 shifted systems.