REVIEWSMadden NFL 15 Review
How many times has it been said, “This is the best Madden game”? Probably just about every year. Well guess what, this is the best Madden game… maybe.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfa Review
[PlayStation release update] Electronic Arts and the development team at EA Canada hope to catch as many PlayStation gamers as they did when Garden Warfare first launched exclusively on Xbox One.
Robin Williams (1951-2014)
Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...
Media Create's weekly sales figures are in, and the 3DS comes out on top in both software and hardware, which has thus far been a rarity for the machine. The power of Mario compels you. Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 also put up excellent showings, as the latter actually managed to stick an Xbox 360 title in the top 10. That's pretty amazing considering how little the system has sold in the Far East.
1. (3DS) Super Mario 3D Land
2. (PS3) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
3. (PS3) Battlefield 3
4. (PSP) Final Fantasy Type-0
5. (WII) Kirby's Return to Dream Land
6. (PSP) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
7. (3DS) Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3
8. (360) Battlefield 3
9. (WII) Just Dance Wii
10. (WII) Go Vacation
11. (WII) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
12. (WII) Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus
13. (PS3) The Idolmaster 2
14. (PS3) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
15. (PS2) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
16. (PSP) AKB1/48: If I loved an Idol in Guam...
17. (WII) Rhythm Heaven: Fever
18. (PS3) Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa - Hybrid Pack
19. (PSP) Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Impact
20. (3DS) Nicola Kanshuu: Model Oshare Audition 2
Considering the install base of the 3DS at this point, its initial report of 343 thousand units sold represents an extremely good debut for Mario 3D Land. That's more than Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and both Mario Galaxy games saw in their respective launch weeks.
Mario's new game didn't just sell a lot of software, the little jumping plumber was also clearly a factor in selling some hardware, as shown by these system sales:
Any time a system gets more than, say, 45k in Japan, it can be said that it had a very big week. If it's been out for a few years, then make that 30k. Nintendo's 3DS walked in and pretty much backhand slapped everyone this week.