PREVIEWSSuper Smash Bros. (Wii U) Preview
Anyone brawling at home will find plenty to love in the latest console version of Nintendo’s franchise, though amiibo figures lend a layer of ownership not seen before.
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful.
Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example. It appears that the writer has done little to no...
Media Create's weekly sales figures are in, and the 3DS comes out on top in both software and hardware, which has thus far been a rarity for the machine. The power of Mario compels you. Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 also put up excellent showings, as the latter actually managed to stick an Xbox 360 title in the top 10. That's pretty amazing considering how little the system has sold in the Far East.
1. (3DS) Super Mario 3D Land
2. (PS3) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
3. (PS3) Battlefield 3
4. (PSP) Final Fantasy Type-0
5. (WII) Kirby's Return to Dream Land
6. (PSP) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
7. (3DS) Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3
8. (360) Battlefield 3
9. (WII) Just Dance Wii
10. (WII) Go Vacation
11. (WII) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
12. (WII) Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus
13. (PS3) The Idolmaster 2
14. (PS3) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
15. (PS2) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012
16. (PSP) AKB1/48: If I loved an Idol in Guam...
17. (WII) Rhythm Heaven: Fever
18. (PS3) Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa - Hybrid Pack
19. (PSP) Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Impact
20. (3DS) Nicola Kanshuu: Model Oshare Audition 2
Considering the install base of the 3DS at this point, its initial report of 343 thousand units sold represents an extremely good debut for Mario 3D Land. That's more than Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and both Mario Galaxy games saw in their respective launch weeks.
Mario's new game didn't just sell a lot of software, the little jumping plumber was also clearly a factor in selling some hardware, as shown by these system sales:
Any time a system gets more than, say, 45k in Japan, it can be said that it had a very big week. If it's been out for a few years, then make that 30k. Nintendo's 3DS walked in and pretty much backhand slapped everyone this week.