Meet The Colorful Cast Of Final Fantasy XV
Posted on Monday, June 24 @ 08:07:49 PST by Alex_Osborn
After several long years of waiting, JRPG fans are finally getting some solid details on Final Fantasy
Versus XIII XV. Square Enix has just released a bunch of bios, which flesh out the game's core cast of characters. Give them each a look below.
- Noctis Lucis Caelum: A childhood affliction endowed Noctis, heir apparent to the throne of Lucis, with the mystical power to see a heavenly light, through which he could sense others’ deaths. Noctis rejects rigid royal conventions and acts as somewhat of a renegade, much to the dismay of those who tend to him. Yet while “Noct” may act brash at times, he does so in defense of those loyal to him.
- Gladiolus Amicitia: As lord of the noble House Amicitia, Gladiolus continues a line sworn to protect the crown. “Gladio” shares a friendship with Noctis that transcends birth and title, and his loyalty to his liege is born not of duty, but of brotherhood.
- Ignis Scientia: Ever the unwavering voice of reason, Ignis was weaned on shrewd logic and a classical education from boyhood so that he might one day counsel the would-be king, Noctis. He applies the deep mutual understanding and trust they have built over time to help smooth over Noctis’s brusqueness with others.
- Prompto Argentum: The puckish playboy Prompto befriended Noctis in his school days. He wears a chip on his shoulder as an outsider to the royal circle, but remains eager to do all he can for the cause.
- Cor Leonis: A living legend of Lucian lore, Lord Commander Cor Leonis’s devotion to the art of war is surpassed only by that to his king. Little love is lost between the ill-starred stalwart and Noctis’s retinue, yet honor binds him to keep watch over the group all the same.
What do you think of this batch of new characters Square Enix has crafted specifically for Final Fantasy XV? Does this new game have the potential to revitalize the franchise? As always, sound off with your thoughts in the comments below.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.