New 3DS and 3DS XL Announced
Posted on Friday, August 29 @ 07:56:30 PST by Alex_Osborn
Nintendo announced the "New Nintendo 3DS" today in a presentation for Japanese consumers and the revised hardware includes a secondary analog stick and comes in two different sizes.
The "New" Nintendo 3DS LL (as it's know in Japan) comes in Metallic Blue and Metallic Black. The "New" Nintendo 3DS will be available in White and Black, though these colors have a slightly muted tone to set them apart from other Nintendo 3DS units.
Here's a quick list of hardware changes:
Nintendo is also promising improved battery life and improved 3D effects for anyone who can't help but tilt the hardware when playing an action-packed game.We hope to have more on the next 3DS iteration soon. Stick with GameRevolution for more Nintendo news from PAX Prime 2014.
- Colored face buttons match the Super Famicom or Super NES line of controllers where A, B, X, and Y, were matched to Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green.
- The New Ninendo 3DSadds a small analog stick (which kind of looks like a nub) that sits just above the right face buttons. It's called the C-stick, just like the GameCube controller's second analog input.
- Game cartridges are now inserted in the lower left side of the hardware, as opposed to the rear behind the top screen.
- The New Nintendo 3DS also adds the Circle Pad Pro's extra shoulder buttons dubbed ZR and ZL.
- The power button has also been moved to the bottom front of the unit along with the stylus holder.
- The screen will automatically adjust its brightness to fit the lighting around you.
- amiibo figures can be used on the bottom screen.
Watch the full Japanese Nintendo Direct presentation on Nintendo 3DS hardware and software here.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.