Vita Gamescom Round-Up: PlayStation Plus, Killzone, PSOne Classics
Posted on Tuesday, August 14 @ 12:23:54 PST by Nicholas Tan
Sony has announced a barrage of news for the PlayStation Vita, so let's not beat about the bush:
- The new Cross Buy program will grant people who purchase a PS3 version of the game an additional copy for Vita. The first handful of titles that will be a part of this program will be PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, Sly Cooper Collection, and Ratchet & Clank: Qforce (aka Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault).
- Sony's PlayStation Plus program on the PlayStation 3 will be available for the PlayStation Vita at some time. There aren't too many titles to choose from at this point, so I doubt that it will debut until the latter half of the holiday season. In the meantime PlayStation Plus cloud storage will also be getting a substantial boost from 150MB to 1GB.
- Killzone Mercenary has been announced complete with appropriate screen-swiping mechanics for the Vita. With any hope, this handheld FPS will showcase the Vita's online capabilities and deliver on the promise of steady multiplayer (of at least 16 players). Sony will share more information soon.
- Hazzah! PSOne Classics is finally coming to Vita and will be rolling out on August 28. Sony has hawked the original Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy VII as a taste of what will be offered.
- LittleBigPlanet developer Media Molecule has revealed an original IP for Vita called Tearaway, which is obviously inspired by LBP with its cutesy avatar and puzzle platforming. Players can change the environment with touch controls and will support the handheld's camera.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Mission Briefing trailer. (2:23)
Gran Turismo Sport
Gran Turismo Sport new trailer. (2:17)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
PlayStation Experience 2016 Announce Trailer. (8:41)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
Official Steam Teaser Trailer. (1:04)
Yakuza Kiwami PSX Announcement Trailer. (0:47)
|More On GameRevolution|