Platform: PC CD-ROM
Launch: 4th quarter 2000
Spearheading the next generation of MMORPGs, Anarchy Online's sci-fi
setting and focus on storyline, personalized quests and social interaction
sets it apart from its predecessors in a radical way.
You are a citizen of the planet Rubi-Ka, some 28,000 years into the
future. You can either be a member of the giant Omni-Tek organisation,
gaining access to the power and being part of the big scheme, you can
decide to rebel against the oppressors and join one of the plethora
of clans, or you can be free-roaming neuter - travelling wherever coincidence
and fortune may take you.
The most ambitious and anticipated Funcom project ever - already the
source of attention for tens of thousands of gamers. The official site
www.anarchy-online.com is a bustling online community, long before the
game is scheduled for launch.
- Thousands of players interacting in a virtual world
- Many features enabling the individualisation of your character: different
breeds, skin tones, clothing, body language, equipment
- plus your personal input
- A vast world covering thousands of square kilometres to explore
- 90 different skills to develop
- Full 3D accelerator support
- Quests and other missions for players of all levels, with the focus
- See www.anarchy-online.com for more details. Note especially the bulletin
board and chat channel.