Art of Murder: FBI Confidential Screenshots
Title: Art of Murder: FBI Confidential
Publisher: City Interactive
Format: PC DVDROM
Genre: Point n’ Click Adventure
Age Rating: 16+
Available: 16 May 2008
The day started quietly enough for Nicole, a rookie FBI agent assigned to the mundane but predictable task of getting coffee while on stakeout duty with another agent, James Scott. As Nicole returns to the building, gunfire rings out and she finds her fellow agent shot and dying. With his last words he urgently tells her to ‘”Give Nick a message”.
And so the scene for Art of Murder: FBI Confidential is set as players join heroine Nicole in this stunningly produced point-and-click adventure game for the PC. Finally available in the UK, Art of Murder which has become a best-seller internationally with over one million copies sold, is published by City Interactive under its new Premiere games label.
Back at the office, Nicole reports in and is assigned to take the place of her dead colleague and ordered to team up with Nick, an elusive agent who rarely shows his face around the office these days. A chilling and macabre series of murders are taking place around the New York community with wealthy and prominent members of the community being targeted as victims. The murders have been committed with a very unusual weapon, and with the exception of the first victim, all the bodies have been found with their hearts removed.
And so players join rookie, Nicole as she takes her first steps forward into putting together the evidence required to solve the mystery of the macabre murders before any more take place!
What links the victims? Why would the Bureau delegate and inexperienced agent to this grisly investigation? What are the culprit’s motives? Why is Nick so elusive? What is behind his theory that someone within the FBI is obstructing the investigation and tampering with evidence? Is there some kind of sacrificial killings going on? Time is a factor … can you stop Nicole Bonnet from ending up dead on her first major case?
With the ritualistic style of injuries inflicted on the victims, Nicole’s first thoughts turn to the Inca’s trademark sacrificial killings and she decides to head off to the Pre-Columbian Art Museum to see if she can track down exactly what kind of murder weapon they are dealing with. Players will have to think logically, combine facts and act as an FBI agent would do in a real investigation if they are to help Nicole in the race against time to solve the mystery of The Art of Murder. As players search for clues players will have to visit many dark and desperate locations in and around New York with their journey eventually reaching the Peruvian city of Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca Empire and the verge of the Amazon jungle.
• A dark and intriguing storyline filled with unexpected twists, extraordinary characters and tricky puzzles.
• Combinations of classic solutions with innovative game play such as the possibility of the heroine’s death.
• 20 characters, approximately 100 puzzles, 15 main locations with approximately 200 rendered views in total) and 5000 dialogue lines.
• Logical puzzles that don’t require exact sequence of actions to perform
• Detailed and varied pre-rendered scenes enriched with background animation – the graphics are designed by some of the best graphic artists and art directors in Poland.
• High quality film scenes and three-dimensional characters that move in a natural way and cast realistic shadows.
• Gripping and tense atmosphere created through the combination of the dark storyline, stunning graphics, original music and realistic sound effects.
• Magnifying glass icon which lights up areas of interest and helps provide less experienced adventure gamers provides a hint system. An additional hint system has been in-built into the game and can be activated by double clicking on Nicole.
• Items can be collected and stored in Nicole’s ‘pocket’ and used to solve puzzles and gather evidence. Interactive PDA allows Nicole to store text messages and use the telephone.
• Art of Murder PC game is playable on laptops
Art of Murder: FBI Confidential from City Interactive’s Premiere range of new games at great prices launches in the UK from 16 May. Check out the game’s dedicated website at www.artofmurdergame.com to preview trailers, screenshots, download wallpaper and more.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Art of Murder: FBI Confidential
More On GameRevolution