Ascent: The Space Game Screenshots
Ascent tells the story of a space-faring civilization that has lost it all to greed. Bank collapses led to economic disasters—a chain reaction of loss and despair that eventually took out every government, nation . . . and virtually all colonized systems. Wars have destroyed everything else. Players are tasked with rebuilding humanity’s place among the stars—beginning with the eight systems that remain connected to each other through stargates.
- Real-time space combat: Fighter-to-fighter dogfighting that scales up to big ship broadside duels.
- 11 classes and 12 ships: Players can choose from a large number of ship designs, which will eventually increase to 18—from cargo holds of roughly 10 tons to 1.3 million or more.
- Farming and mining on planet surfaces: Players can build their own planetary bases for resource harvesting. “City simulation”-style play.
- Personal starbase construction: Players can construct and customize their own starbases, which become a home in space. Starbases are also the center for heavy zero-g manufacturing and research.
- Trading: Dynamic local NPC markets and player-to-player global markets.
- Dynamic NPC mission system: Combat, trade (supply/demand), passenger transport, courier, and salvage missions.
- Asteroid mining: Manual control of ship and axial mining beam based on player/character skill.
- Research: Blueprint fragments attainable from salvage missions allow players to research forgotten (and new) ships and components. Building enhancements can also be researched.
- Manufacturing: Every ship, weapon, and utility module in the game may be manufactured by players and sold—or used to customize their ships through custom paint schemes.
- Gas giant harvesting: Because sometimes players need resources to survive (like hydrogen and oxygen)!
- Expansive universe: More than 200 billion solar systems (yes, that’s two zeroes)! The developer is currently adding planetary settlement and starbase construction features to these new systems.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Ascent: The Space Game
More On GameRevolution