ATV Offroad Fury 2 Screenshots
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Rainbow Studios
Genre: Action-oriented Racing
Players: 1-4 players (Single-player and online)
Platform: PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System
Peripherals: DUALSHOCK™2 analog controller, standard digital controller, Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2) and Network Adaptor (Ethernet/Modem) (for PlayStation 2)
Launch Date: November 2002
Target Age: 13+
Rating: "RP" for Rating Pending
Offroad racing is more intense than ever before. Following in the footsteps of the PlayStation 2 Greatest hit, ATV Offroad Fury, ATV Offroad Fury 2 provides similarly, expansive offroad racing gameplay, packed with more courses, modes, tricks, ATVs and online gameplay via the Network Adaptor (Ethernet/Modem) (for PlayStation 2) to heighten the ultimate racing experience for all motorsport fans. Players will choose from more than 20 ATVs licensed from top-tier manufacturers, as well as team sponsored ATVs from top-tier offroad sponsors. In addition, every featured ATV will be true-to-spec, allowing for realistic handling and reaction in every situation.
Available in both first- and third-person perspectives, ATV Offroad Fury 2 offers players the ability to race in 40 massive environments through five event types. For each event type, each ATV will react differently according to weather and various terrain such as water, mud, ice and sand.
ATV Offroad Fury 2 features seven race modes and exciting new mini-games. For all modes, a full feature rider editor will allow the player to customize their own rider with available clothing, helmet, boots, etc. In addition, a waypoint editor is available for players to create their own race within an Enduro environment. An all-new soundtrack will be available, allowing players to choose a song or songs via the jukebox. For the multi-player option, ATV Offroad Fury 2 will feature online gameplay that will allow up to four players to race simultaneously minus the artificial intelligence. In addition, i-LINK connectivity will allow players to link multiple PlayStation 2 computer entertainment systems for group play.
- More than 20 all-new ATVs, as well as team sponsored ATVs.
- Both first- and third-person view available on all levels.
- 40 massive environments in five event types including Outdoor Integrated
Environments, Nationals courses, Supercross courses, Freestyle Stunt
courses and a Training course.
- Five mini-games including: Tag, Soccer, King of the Hills, Treasure
Hunt and one hidden mini-game.
- Seven race modes including: Practice, Lap Attack, Single Race, Pro
Career, Duel, Relay and Time Elimination.
* Practice - Players may ride any available course for an unlimited
* Lap Attack - Players compete on any available course against a ghost
* Single Race - Players compete against each other or the artificial
intelligence on any available course.
* Pro Career - Five main careers are available in which to compete;
Supercross - Eastern Conference and Western Conference, Nationals,
Enduro and Freestyle Stunt. Completing a career rewards the player
with bonuses that can be used to unlock hidden tracks, ATVs, rider
* Relay - Two or more players compete as a team against other players.
Relay can be played in Supercross, Nationals, Enduro or Freestyle
* Time Elimination - Players compete on any available course and are
working against the clock. In Supercross and Nationals events, players
must complete a lap in the allotted time. In Enduro, players must
reach the next checkpoint in the allotted time. In Freestyle Stunt,
players must earn a certain number of points per 10 second interval
to keep playing.
- Online gameplay with up to four players via the Network Adaptor
(Ethernet/Modem) (for PlayStation 2)
- Full featured rider editor allows players to customize a rider with
- Numerous hidden items, including shortcuts, ATVs, rider skins, event
types and more.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.